This game requires that Microsoft's DirectX version 8.0 be installed on your computer prior to playing the game. Windows XP users already meet this requirement, and shouldn't need to install anything.
If you do not already have DirectX version 8.0 or higher installed on your machine, or you need to reinstall for any reason, just follow these steps:
- Download DirectX 9.0 installation (dxwebsetup.exe) by clicking on
You may as well download the version of DirectX runtime from
- Run "dxwebsetup.exe" Installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Ignore any warnings you may receive by clicking on YES.
- Restart Windows to complete the installation.
WARNING: While DirectX 9.0 should be able to determine what version of DirectX currently resides on a system and halt the installation if it deems it to be harmful or unnecessary, you should not attempt to install DirectX 8.0 on a Windows system running a more recent version of DirectX.
How to determine what version of DirectX you have installed on your system:
- Click Start, then Run.
- In the Open box, type "DXDIAG"
- If the DirectX Diagnostic Tool launches, you are at least running DirectX 5.0. To see what version, note the bottom line in the System Information box on the first page, "DirectX Version". Click Exit in the lower right hand corner of the window when you are finished.
- If you receive an error that starts with "Cannot find the file 'DXDIAG'…", then click OK, which should return you to Step 2. Type "DXINFO"
- If this launches a DXINFO program, the left-hand pane contains information about what version of DirectX is installed, with the version number in the hundredths slot of the "DirectX Version (Registry)" entry. (For example, 4.05 is DirectX 5.)
- If you receive the error in Step 4 again, you do not have DirectX installed on your system. Follow the directions above to install it.